Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Little bit of a scare at work - I checked my email before I left the house, and found a message about a mandatory meeting (obviously, only for people who were in the office, which is good since I didn't even see it until the meeting was over). Once I saw it, all sorts of stuff kept going through my mind - the company's bankrupt, they're going out of business or closing the Dallas office. They're laying off a bunch of people. Everything bad that could possibly have happened, I thought of. It turns out, they let two people go, which is bad for them, but at least it wasn't me. But I was worried there for a while. I can't afford to lose my job. What would I do at this point if I didn't have insurance? And who would hire me while I'm still going through treatment? The feeling that I have no control over my life right now really sucks. It's bad enough that I can't really do anything about the cancer, except show up and let the doctors and nurses do what they do, but I can't even really do anything about stuff in the rest of my life. Whatever happens as far as work, I'm not going anywhere. Fortunately, I like my job, and I don't want to go anywhere else, but if something happened and I felt like it would be better for me to find something else, I still can't.

Anyway, enough with the whining already. Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment