Sunday, May 20, 2007

I'm getting a little nervous about starting radiation tomorrow. I know there's no reason to be nervous, but I am anyway. Friday I went for final markings and they used a simulator machine, and the tech or whatever he was said that's about what the actual radiation will be like, just a big machine, it won't take but a few minutes. He also said that for the first couple of weeks or so, I shouldn't feel any difference. It will take that long for the radiation to build up enough to start to affect me. But by the end of it, they've already warned me I may be tired, and they've warned me about other side effects I may have, but said they shouldn't be too bad.

Yesterday was Helen's baby shower. It went well. We had about 12 people there. I'm glad because I always worry that no one will show up when I do parties like that. I think everyone enjoyed it, and I got several compliments on how well it went. She got lots of presents, and we got to see the nursery now that it's painted. It looks nice, although if it were me, I'd have put more color in it. She's opted for a very neutral color scheme, which is understandable since they don't know the gender, but I'd have still found something more colorful than shades of brown. But now that they've gotten a bunch of stuff that is colorful, toys and stuffed animals and everything, it will make a big difference. I can't wait until the baby gets here! I'm sure she's more ready than anyone else, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment