Friday, January 23, 2009

I really haven't dropped off the face of the earth

I really haven't dropped off the face of the earth, it's just that every time I've logged on here thinking I'd post something, I haven't had much to say and decided it was better to just skip it.

I went to the doctor yesterday. My CA-125 test came back a 4, well within the normal range, which is anything below 35. But it's still up slightly from three months ago, when it was a 2, so I keep having to tell myself, it's normal, don't worry about it. He asked me if I wanted to do a CT scan, saying there's no reason to think I need one, but since I've put on weight, there's more chance he won't be able to feel if something's not right during the physical exam. I said it made sense to do it, just to make sure there's nothing going on, so I'll go next week for that. I'm not sure why he mentioned it now since he said before, after I was done with treatment and officially cancer-free, that we didn't need to do CT scans regularly, but assuming there really is nothing on the scan, it'll make me feel better, just because I tend to think that checking everything is good so we don't miss anything that's there. Not to mention, I can be a little paranoid, so anything that might calm my (hopefully) irrational fears is good.


Leeza - I haven't read any Anne Lamott, although they look intriguing and I'm going to keep an eye out for them next time I'm at the bookstore. I don't know if you'd like them, but I love Carole Nelson Douglas's Midnight Louie mysteries and her Irene Adler mysteries too. The Aunt Dimity stories by Nancy Atherton are good too, and they're very quick reads.


Anyway, I'll leave you with a picture of my nephew, the cutest 18-month-old in the world, at least in my opinion. He likes to make funny faces now.

No comments:

Post a Comment