Thursday, October 30, 2008

NaNoWriMo


So, everyone wants to write a novel, right? I guess I do, too, although I have no idea how. But I'm signed up for NaNoWriMo 2008, the National Novel Writing Month. This is thousands of people who sign up to write a 50,000 word novel, starting November 1, in 30 days. No problem, right? That's only 1,666 words a day. Never mind that the last time I wrote several thousand words at once was in college, and those definitely weren't novels, and they weren't anywhere near 50k words.
Anyone got a good plot I can borrow? Because I've got nothing.
I'm off to ponder what to write about.

2 comments:

  1. How about a story about a girl who is not some flitty little skinny fashion girl but someone of substance who has had to deal with some bad stuff. A thinking girl. The quiet woman.

    I guess I am your fan! I am the one who left a comment a couple of weeks ago. I was so glad to see another post when I checked back today. Anyway, I will be going to have my surgery (same as you) next week, and I feel like I'm ready to have these rouge cells out of me. I was really afraid, since of course, I wont know how bad it is until they do the slice and dice.

    But you had to face some pretty hard stuff, and it seems like you just worked your way through, so I figure I can too, no matter what happens.

    I hope its OK that I'm leaving comments. I just don't know anyone who has gone through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leeza - It's definitely okay to leave comments. I'm glad to know someone's reading this and finding it helpful. I hope your surgery goes well, I'll be thinking about you. If you want to email me, my email address is listed in my profile, I'd be happy to talk to you.
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete