Thursday, April 21, 2011

I'm still here...

Although you'd never know it from the lack of posting here.

I've been busy, mostly working, but also making jewelry and starting a jewelry business with my sister. That's definitely been keeping me busy. We started out with our own website, but neither of us really has the time to devote to promoting it, nor did we really know how to, so I was really excited to find Artfire. It's sort of like Etsy, but not exactly. A basic account, which we currently have, is free. You can list as many things as you want, no charge, and relist them when they expire. I hope we sell some things to justify upgrading to their pro account soon, with it you pay a flat fee per month, and you can list as many things as you want, and they never expire. Plus, pro studios don't have ads along the sides of them and have a lot more flexibility in their design. Anyway, what's really made me happy is they have a lot of guides to help you learn how to optimize your listings so they get picked up on the major search engines, which should result in more sales. Hopefully.

Anyway, I hope to get back to blogging more regularly now. I'm going to Paper Cowgirl again this June, and I'm starting to work on my swaps now, so I'll have pictures of some of those, and I'm hoping in a few months to be able to do some redecorating in my home, so maybe I'll get pics of that too. For now, though, I just wanted to check in and update the blog a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment