Thursday, April 23, 2009

Good Doctor's Appointment, and weight loss!

This has been a good week, after being stressed the first couple of days of it. I went to the doctor and everything looks okay. He won't get the pap test results for a few days, but he said he didn't see anything that I needed to worry about, so that's good. Then, after missing Weight Watchers yesterday due to the dr's appointment, I went today and lost 1.8 lbs for the week, bringing the total to 12 lbs since January.

Therapy and a low-dose antidepressant medicine are really helping me feel better. It's made a big difference in how dedicated I am to really trying to lose weight, too. Well, something has, anyway, and I assume it's that. Plus, I really, really like the Sparkpeople website. I like that I can track my food and see not just the WW Points for each item, but actually see if I'm getting enough fiber (I was actually going back and forth, one day way too much, one day not anywhere near enough - I really don't recommend doing that, especially if you have to be in close proximity to other people a lot), and I've started to pay a little more attention to things like sodium and cholesterol, although mostly I'm still just trying to stay in the calorie and fat ranges it recommends. Plus, the people on there are really supportive and understanding, and it amazes me how often I'll look at someone else's message they've posted or blog entry and think, yes, I do that, that's exactly how I feel! That's one reason I like Weight Watchers in general, going to the meetings and being around other people who are working on a lot of the same stuff, but this way, in addition to that weekly meeting, I have people I can turn to all hours of the day or night. I think the combination is really going to work for me.

1 comment:

  1. Of course I'm happy about the appt, but I'm also happy you're doing better!

    ReplyDelete